ADFM Leadership Structure and Pathway to Leadership
ADFM is governed by a Board of Directors and much of the work of the organization is done by both strategic and operational committees with Board oversight.
The relationship between the Board and the various operational and strategic committees is depicted here. Learn more about the committees and their work here.
ADFM Process and Pathway to Leadership
This graphic and accompanying document explains the ADFM process for Board-appointed and elected positions and describes the "Pathway to Leadership" in ADFM for Chair and Administrator members, including how to start on the pathway to leadership and what the requirements are for being elected to the Board of Directors or to an officer position.
Leadership Position Descriptions
Below are a series of documents describing the responsibilities, length of commitment, eligibility, and appointment or election process for all ADFM leadership positions. Note that not all positions are open at the same time.
*Positions noted with an asterisk (*) in front will be OPEN for expressions of interest in summer/fall 2022.
Unless otherwise specified, terms begin at the end of the ADFM Annual Conference and end at the conclusion of the Annual Conference after the specified number of years.
Positions on the ADFM Board of Directors:
- *President-elect (note that the President role spans 3 years in total: the President-Elect, current President, Past President/Board Chair, and Treasurer serve together on the ADFM Executive Committee with the ADFM Executive Director)
- Treasurer (also on the ADFM Executive Committee)
- *Communication Chair (formerly known as Secretary)
- Public Member
- *Strategic Committee Chair
- Annual Conference Program Chair (see "Co-Chair" description below)
- Membership Committee Chair
- Representative to the AAMC's Council of Faculty and Societies (CFAS)
- Administrators' Steering Committee Chair
- *Administrators' Steering Committee Chair-Elect
Other positions and opportunities for participating in ADFM leadership:
- *Annual Conference Co-Chair (note that the Annual Conference Co-Chair serves two years as Co-Chair and a third as Program Chair and that the Program Chair serves on the Board)
- Strategic Committee member (serves on the Leader Development, Education Transformation, Healthcare Delivery Transformation, Research Development, or Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity committee)
- Finance Committee member
- *Nominations Committee member
- *Administrators' Steering committee positions:
- Building Research Capacity Steering Committee Chair and Vice Chair (ADFM and NAPCRG alternate recruitment; Vice Chair term is 2 years and Vice Chair then moves into Chair role which is also a 2 year term)
ADFM also has a variety of standing liaison and ad hoc roles. These are listed at the bottom of our Board member page and we reach out to the membership periodically to fill these positions. We will be adding more information about how these roles are offered and processed in a future iteration of the "Leadership Pathways" document mentioned above (more to come soon)!